The Refinery is designed for oil refining in fuel profile and it is processing it using the following processes:
- Electrodehydration and desalting of crude oil;
- Primary crude oil distillation;
- Hydrotreating of naphtha, kerosene, diesel fuel, and vacuum gasoil;
- Catalytic reforming;
- Catalytic cracking;
- Naphtha splitter;
- Gas fractionation;
- Production of petroleum bitumen;
- Production of coke;
- Production of sulfur.
Design capacity of Pavlodar Oil Chemistry Refinery is 6 mln. tons a year. The main technology process for primary crude oil distillation is carried out at the combined unit of LK-6u, which advantage is the complete cycle of processing and a set of the following units:
- С-100 - Electrodehydration and desalting, and atmospheric distillation of crude oil;
- С-200/1- Naphtha hydrotreating;
- С-200/2 – Catalytic reforming;
- С-300/1 – Diesel fuel hydrotreating;
- С-300/2 – Kerosene hydrotreating;
- С-400 – Gas fractionation.
For extending of crude oil processing depth the unique complex KT-1 for oil residue deep processing has been launched for the first time in the CIS countries. It consists of:
- С-001 – Vacuum distillation of oil residue;
- С-100 – Vacuum gasoil hydrotreating;
- С-200 – Catalytic cracking;
- С-300 - Absorption and gas fractionation;
- С-400 – Flue gas waste-heat recovery.
For processing heavy crude oil residues the following units are functioning at the refinery:
- Bitumen production unit (consisting of the block of vacuum distillation of fuel oil and the block of oxidizing columns;
- Delayed coking unit, designed for petroleum coke production, it includes the rectification block and the reactor block;
- Sulfur production unit, designed for regeneration of water solution of methyldiethanolamine and recovery of sulfur.
To produce motor gasoline meeting the quality standard corresponding to class К-4 there are the following units built in the refinery:
- Naphtha splitter unit;
- Light naphtha isomerization unit.
The plant central laboratory with modern equipment carries out the quality control of output goods and it includes the following subdivisions:
- Output control laboratory;
- Process monitoring laboratory;
- Sanitary laboratory;
- Research laboratory.
The high-skilled specialists work here controlling the quality of goods in compliance with international standard in the field of oil refining.